An Earful

26 December, 2019

For the past one week you had done enough mischief that I was already waiting to get back to Bangalore, so that you can start school and get busy without creating any further trouble.

Today, you had another chance of creating a ruckus and you surely did. You are very much obsessed with beads and all you do it pour them from one container to the other. I never minded this behaviour as far as you were not throwing them around the house for your little sister to mouth them. 

After your lunch, you started playing with the beads and the christmas balls we had bought for you. I still don't understand what made you do it but you placed a pink bead inside your right ear. After I was done with my cleaning, I saw your scratching your ears forcefully and crying "white bead gela" (white bead lost)... I have never seen you scratching your ears so badly. My mommy instinct said to check your ears. And while I looked into your right ear, I found a pink bead stuck in there. I gasped and my mouth fell open. I tried tilting your head and getting it out. It dint help. You had put your tiny finger inside and the bead went more in. Pappa got a scissor to remove it, by making it act like a forceps which was a worst idea. I did not gather the courage to even put it inside your ear. He immediately rushed you to the hospital and they took it out within seconds after your howling and bawling. I did not dare to even have my lunch until your father called me confirming that the bead has been removed.

I just couldn't understand if I should be laughing at this mischief of yours or I should be angry for doing this. But thankfully that bead was removed easily without any pain. I would love to tell this to your kids one fine day when they grow up. I'm sure you would love to read this as and when you grow up and understand things better.

Much love Samu,
Aai 

Comments