A lone walk

20 December, 2019

My boy, you have grown up to be so intelligent and fearless. You were so tiny when doctors handed you over to me on 3rd Nov 2014 and I could barely hold you as it was my first time. I was scared that I would hurt you. I always thought of writing you letters from the very first year of your birth, but your mom is as lazy as a sloth. So please forgive me baby. I promise to keep writing to you henceforth.

Today I would love to write about the havoc you created on 19th Dec 2019, giving me the most horrendous moments for an hour. You have been exploring our locality for the past 15 days, without any fear, cycling your way through all the lanes of our colony with our Maggie in tow. Maggie doesn't leave you even for a second and she keeps looking for you and you love her company too. 

Last night your cycle chain loosened and you asked your dad to get it fixed. With your innocent tone you said, "Pappa, let's go to the cycle repair shop". Pappa promised you to take it to shop the next morning. The next morning you were wide awake and ready with your cycle, constantly buzzing around your dad to take you to the cycle repair shop. He was busy with some office work and he had asked you to wait. You couldn't wait anymore and you decided to go yourself. You never told anyone or informed anyone of us. I was busy with your sister Sarasvi, Nanamma was cooking and Pappa was doing his office work. After a few minutes when you did not return home after your play, we got suspicious and started a frantic search for you. I made your little sister sleep, asked neighboriuring aunty to look after her and ran out in my nighty without even wearing any footwear and my mind was completely blocked. I kept shouting your name through all the lanes and everyone knew you well, so the entire colony was up with their vehicles searching for you. I stopped for a second near the temple and something striked me. I immediately called your pappa to tell him to go and check near the cycle repair shop. You knew all the lanes and by lanes and my gut instinct said that you must be there. Pappa reached there but couldn't find you. Just then he got another phone call. It was a call from police saying that your kid is here. After reaching the local traffic police booth where they had taken you, the police officers were all praises for you. They showered praises that you were so calm, composed and so clever.

Let me tell what happened then, the police asked you several questions including your name, father's name, mother's name, where you live, phone number etc. You answered everything perfectly. However, they could not get the phone number correctly. They handed you their phone and asked you to dial the number. And you dialled it ! They got in touch with your pappa and handed you over to him. But before that, they made sure they took photographs of you and pappa to publish in the local newspaper to show your confidence and bravery.

Pappa got you home, only after giving your cycle for repair that you had tagged along and got it back in the evening. 

Those 60 minutes were the worst of my life. I had got so many thoughts and horrendous occurrences were running in my mommy brain. I don't know if I should be proud, if I should be scared, but you surely made me proud by remembering things that I taught you and clearly informing it to the police officials. 

I love you my baby.. My samy boy. 

Your lovingly, 
Aai

Comments

  1. That's a brave boy !!! The chronicle shall inspire the many !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god he was in safe hands. Very intelligent and brave boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg!! Thank God for his presence of mind

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment